It has begun...

Well this past Sunday was the start of the college and career class that I am teaching. I can't really decide how I feel about it. Most of the time I think I'm completely inadequate to be teaching it and the rest of the time I know that I am. Last year was just a mess with teaching material problems, lack of students, and a complete upheaval in my life so that planning was difficult to say the least. The teaching material that was being used by the previous teacher was horrendous. I couldn't figure out what what the lesson was about let alone the application, so we threw that out but then couldn't find anything that would work to replace it. I was never so thankful to see a school year come to a close. We now have a new book from Lifeway that we are trying out. I'm undecided on it so far. I figure I'll give it a shot for this semester and see how it goes. I still think the problem is me and not the material but whatever.

Then I got the "brilliant" idea to have a school kick off event of some sort that turned into a concert. It's this weekend. I can't wait for it to be over; it has been so stressful! One problem after another after another.
I think that we are pretty well set for everything as long as we have students show up and church people come to help (only a hand full have signed up to help) and we have enough food to feed everyone. We are having a local band open the concert at 3:30pm then when they are done and the big band is setting up we will be feeding the students supper then the band from Tulsa will play from 5:15pm to 6:30pm. Then it will be over!!! Happiness.
Then to top off this great week I caught Sean's cold. Super.

Really God don't you think someone else would be better for this...

1 Comments:

Blogger mike.kris said...

Hooray, you have a blog! Hopefully you'll update yours more than I have in the past. Thanks for the comment - I agree that my little ones are cute (even when challenging me). We miss you guys too - congrats on all the good changes, especially the house!

September 22, 2008 at 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free blog template and graphic design by quirky bird. Copyright 2004 and beyond.
This blog contains original graphics and artwork,
so get inspired but don't steal, karma is real.